Thursday 22 March 2012

Note to self - don't take Charlotte shopping on an empty stomach

Thursday is our weekly shopping day. For the last few weeks I have done this by myself but Charlotte's Uncle got married today so she had the afternoon off. After the ceremony, a very intimate do, we went shopping. As always we had a list, (bread, milk, jam, butter, shower gel for me, tissues, ice cream, yogurts, potatoes, rolls and we each have £3 to spend on stuff for ourselves). It didn't go to plan. After having a small debate about the butter, I wanted to get the bigger pack for better value but Charlotte insisted we couldn't afford it, we carried on around the shop. Charlotte picked up £3 of flying saucers and then asked if we could get some popcorn, then we got some biscuits (these were my £3's worth), apple turnovers, creme eggs and strawberry cornetto's. At this point I questionned her as to why we couldn't afford to save money by buying a bigger pack of butter but we could afford to buy all the extra junk food, at which point she told me that she was hungry. I should have figured as she didn't have any breakfast and someone forgot to make her lunch to take to work with her and as she had to be there at 8 she didn't have time to make it herself.

So the moral of the story is feed your wife before you take her shopping.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you must feed me - what a bad husband forgetting to make me lunch! x

    ReplyDelete