Saturday 28 September 2013

So that's how children learn the word NO!

I never used to understand how a child learnt the word no. For most toddlers it becomes, at one time or another, their favourite word. I used to ask what possible reason could you have to say no to your child? I now understand.

My little boy is 8 months old, and since he has started moving around I have started to have to say no to everything. I put him on his playmat and the first thing he does is start moving off, first it was going to the radiators, No.Then under our nest of tables, No, No. Then to our extension lead, No, No, NO! Yesterday my wife caught him, just seconds before he put her phone charger in his mouth. It was plugged in and turned on, and she'd only been out of the room for two seconds.

How are we supposed to get anything done?

Well the extension lead is now out of reach, the tables are further back, the kitchen door has a stair gate across and my son is strapped to the floor, well not quite that extreme. We are taking every precaution but we may soon have to resort to putting him in the hall, shutting the doors, putting the dog in the kitchen and shutting the gate.

All this just to be able to stop the house becoming a complete mess.

Thanks for reading

Yours Negatively

Mr No.

No comments:

Post a Comment